Click for Trujillo, Honduras Forecast

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Drip by Drip

I didn't post yesterday, because, well, because yesterday was a rotten day.  The only two good things that happened yesterday were 1) I started the Fentanyl patch; and 2) I survived it.

Today was a different story.  I woke to very little pain and I was able to get out of bed without help.  That was a wonderful feeling.

I got to chemo ten minutes late, but it didn't seem to bother anyone.  After a few minutes I was lead to a room lined with huge, wonderful recliners and some of the most positive people I have ever met.  And those were the patients.  Everyone appeared happy and wanting to get on with life.

We finally got the solutions running, four different meds, one at the time. First was a medication to get my body ready for the shock of chemo, the second for nausea, the third the chemo itself, and the last one a bone builder.  It really wasn't bad, it just took 3½ hours. 

We came home, I took a nap, and I awoke almost completely pain free.  I was a little nauseated, but took a magic pill, and thirty minutes later I was eating a big supper and drinking coffee.

I go back tomorrow for hydration and a visit with the oncologist.  Then I do another chemo on Wednesday.  So far, so good.

I have a great family, doctors I trust, a super support network, and an awesome God.

I am blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment