Click for Trujillo, Honduras Forecast

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Updating..I'm tired.

I took a couple of days off because I am tired.  I am really, really tired of having to be somewhere every day, on someone else's schedule.  And it going to get worse, I know.  It is very hard to describe the tiredness that overtakes you in a time like this.  It is overwhelming.  It is a tiredness of the mind, the body, and the soul, and it drags you down into the abyss.  It colors your whole life.

So, what did you miss?  Not much.

On Thursday, we saw Dr. Worth, the orthopod, and he signed off on the case.  There is nothing he can do for the hip and/or pelvic fractures until after the cancer treatment is complete.  He is available as needed for overseeing PT, etc.

Friday, we saw Dr. Sherman.  He signed off on the case because there is nothing more he can do.  According to Dr. Sherman, and common sense, the best we can hope for is that the radiation and chemotherapy takes care of matters.  Second best is that I have diversion surgery, removing the bladder and creating a new one from a piece of intestine.  We can't even consider that at this point.

Saturday, we went for the PET scan.  That was long, but I slept through most of it.

Saturday, also, my son Danny and his wife came for a visit.  I haven't seen Danny in a very long time, so that was a real pleasure.  Danny is a Hodgkin's survivor, so he knows exactly what is happening here.  I was so glad to see them.

Today, I slept in.  It was heavenly.  I have done very little since I got up, and that, too, has been heavenly.

I am bl

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to rest from what must be an extremely hectic schedule. Take a break every chance you get. Still praying. Love you, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder you're exhausted darling! Going from a very calm and laid back daily life in Honduras to living in a city; tons of appointments; tons of new people and oh, yeah, by the way you're over 70 and have cancer! Being a bit sarcastic Patty but of course you're tired... Part of it is the chemo and drugs, part of it is that the initial adrenaline from the diagnosis has worn off and part of it simply the pain levels you live with. I'm so sorry darling! Remember to speak up and demand time outs before you have to "pitch a fit".... Thinking so strongly of you and hoping the radiology can help with the pain. Love you forever, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete