Click for Trujillo, Honduras Forecast

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Florida Visit, Part I

We finally got to Ft Lauderdale yesterday at about 6 AM, only to find our US phone has been deactivated, so we had no way to call and let the family know we were on the ground.  Thank goodness they figured it out and came to get us.  I am really glad because it was so cold you could see your breath.

Last night I got to snuggle with the Grandbrat while we watched a movie on TV.  I haven't done that in a long time and it was so familiar and so wonderful.  She's not the little darling she was, but she has grown up to be an outstanding, beautiful teenage girl who will continue to blossom into a beautiful, outstanding woman.  And, no, I'm not the least bit prejudiced.

We went to Mass this morning and it was so nice to hear Mass said in English again.  I can follow the Mass in Trujillo, but not as well as here in the States.

Today is my 24th wedding anniversary and the children took us to 15th Street Fisheries, my favorite waterfront restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale.  It had warmed up enough we could sit outside and enjoy the free boat show that goes up and down the intercoastal everyday; everything from dinghies to mega-yachts and even the occasional water taxi.

Tomorrow we start shopping, going to the doctor, going to get our taxes done, and some other running around.  It will be a little hectic for a couple of days, but then we can slow down and draw a deep breath.

We have a roof over our heads, food in our stomachs, clothes on our bodies, and family who loves us.  What more could we want?

We are blessed

1 comment:

  1. It sounds as if you have had a beautiful day. I hope you enjoy every moment :)

    ReplyDelete