Click for Trujillo, Honduras Forecast

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Building the Dream - Continued

If the placement of the pictures look funny, don't blame me.  I have been trying to post this for four days, and Blogger will not let me arrange the pictures the way I want them arranged.  They changed something right in the middle of me doing this

We are getting closer and closer to being able to start the second floor.  The window and door openings  on the first floor are  done and you can really see what the front of the house is going to look like.

The rebar in the foreground will become
part of the columns on the veranda.
This is an arch for the veranda.  There will be
five or six of these, I don't remember, across
the front.  They form part of the support for
the balcony


















Remember that big mound of red clay?  Well, it is gone now.  Marvin has been busy with his shovel and has leveled it out to the height of the retaining wall.  Now you can see where the portico will be on the back side of the house.  The portico will be about 12 feet wide and 7 feet deep.  There will be two steps up from the drive to the portico, then one step up into the house.  The portico will cover the back door on the first floor becausee it spans the area between the house and the retaining wall.  I call this area the most; sometimes the ditch


     This is where the portico will be.





Marvin leveled this with a shovel.
Probably a ton of dirt, moved by
hand!


   












         
Did someone say OSHA? 
Not in Honduras;-)


Now some pictures of why this place will be so perfect when we finally get moved in.  I call them the view from the balcony.


See That little patch of darker blue by the tower in the left middle?
That is the Caribbean, and we will really be able to see it
when the balcony is finished.


All these pictures were taken on one night from the balcony of our condo












I am so looking forward to sitting on my balcony whenever I want, especially at sunset.  I don't need  Key West. 

We are blessed.

1 comment: